Monday, January 01, 2007

Reality check!

The first SwallowTail shawl I knitted I gave to my mother in law for Christmas, I finished it at the beginning of November. I had a second shawl about 3 movies away from finishing that I planned to give to my mother for Christmas. I had the 24th of December off from work and truly believed that I could finish her shawl in time for our Christmas day exchange. And then reality set in, I had to let the shawl go. Instead I spent Christmas eve day cooking and wrapping, It was a good day. I was fortunate to have had a great necklace I had purchased for myself and never worn stowed away - a beautiful bead and cedar rose creation... she loved it!
If I play my cards right, I'm only 3 movies away from a headstart on next years Christmas knitting.

No comments: